Oh, the Excitment!

It's finally released and I can show you my latest design!

Wasabi


I had the privilege of being included in the latest (Spring 2012) issue of Petite Purls - my first ever published design!


For it, I designed a lacy top-down, raglan style cardigan.  I wanted to keep it modern with a low v-neck, large rib bands and a shorter, cropped length in the body.


In my usual style, the construction starts in an unusual manner. The lace yoke/border is started with a provisional cast on and worked in both directions across the back neck. Short rows are used to provide shaping. Stitches are then picked up along the border edge and the body is worked down from there.

It’s not really as complicated as it sounds!

It's sized for 2-10 years, is worked in fingering weight yarn and you can find the pattern for FREE right here on Petite Purls!

Don't forget to check out my other designs!

And for those that are on Ravelry, here's the pattern page.  Please link your projects as I'd love to see them!



Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...